A Call to Color Lovers: Please Help Us Choose Our New Rex Ray Ceramic Colors!

March 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm 7 comments

Ok, it’s game time.

We need your opinion and we need it now!  =)

Please help us select the best colors for our new Rex Ray Studio Ceramic tiles. We’ve provided a few choices below and we’d love to get your take on them!

We’re sharing these babies on our Facebook page where you can “vote” for your favorite option. Please take a look and vote on our Facebook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/modwallstile

You can also post a comment to let us know which option is your favorite.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance — we appreciate your help!

modwalls Rex Ray Studio Ceramic tile and color choices

The top photo shows our Rex Ray Studio ceramic tiles in white and the bottom photo shows the 4 color families we’ve selected. Click on the image to see a larger view.

Do you have a preference? Is it #1, #2, #3 or #4?

Our graphic designer found a few images to help you envision these color families. Take a look below and then please tell us what you think!

Option #1:

Option #1 color choice for modwalls Rex Ray Studio tiles

Option #2:

Option #2 color choice for modwalls Rex Ray Studio tiles

Option #3:

Option #3 color choice for modwalls Rex Ray Studio tiles

Option #4:

Option #4 color choice for modwalls Rex Ray Studio tiles

Sooo…  Whatcha think?!

And if you like one color more than another within one of the four “color families,” please let us know – don’t be shy!

THANK YOU!

About these ads

Entry filed under: art, ceramic tile, color, Design, Fun Stuff. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Inspired By… Inspired By…. Tasty Treats

7 Comments Add your own

• 1. Michele  |  March 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I really like all four, but #3 ends up being my favorite.

#1 is great, but a little flat without more color.

#2 is nice, but still feels a little dated (other than the plum in the lower left-hand corner). Feeling too late 80’s.

#4 is also great and my second choice, I love the colors – they totally remind me of the mustard fridge and avocado washer & dryer we had when I was growing up in the 70’s. But, maybe a little too period specific.

Which is why I arrived at #3 as my favorite. Feels retro without feeling too specific or dated. It has a freshness I really like (and I’m hoping that warm blue and grass green is the next big color combo hit after orange and yellow have been big for a few years). Gives me the feel of an old Herman Miller shell chair in Ocean – one of my favorite colors.

• 2. robin  |  March 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm

#4 closely followed by #3.

• 3. Lorraine Wild  |  March 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Of the choices given I like # 1 the best. if I could choose any color combo I would pick neutrals like the natural stone tiles ie grays/tans/creams. My second choice would be blues especially cobalt blue.

• 4. sarah  |  March 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

3 is my favorite followed closely by 2. but i could find a place for all of those colors in those amazing shapes.

• 5. Drizzly Mc  |  April 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

1 is the most practical and would not outdate as quickly
    Would like to see a palette with more browns/beiges or taupes then one accent color
    —maybe a torquise,wedgewood blue or that bright pink that is the color of the moment

• 6. agoodehouse  |  April 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I’m probably way late on this one.. but I love #1. I think this would be a winner for years and years and you’d never get sick of it.

• [...] So here it is folks, our Rex Ray MMM Tile in the colors you voted for!!! [...]

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Click here for Modwalls.com:

Click here for Modwalls.com

About Modwalls

Modwalls' mission is to provide both our retail and trade customers a modern and colorful alternative to what is available in most tile and hardware stores, as well as a very personal online buying experience.

We've been designing modern tile collections and selling them online since 2005. The latest modwalls® designs range from gorgeous glass tiles in a wide variety of colors, sizes and finishes to glazed porcelain penny rounds, modern glazed ceramics, and sustainable cork, recycled pebble tile and bamboo mosaics. Our collaboration with fine artist Rex Ray has resulted in the signature Rex Ray Studio for modwalls American Made glass and soon to be ceramic tile collections.

You can reach us Monday-Friday from 9-5 Pacific Time by phone (1-877-439-9734) or by email: sales@modwalls.com.

"Making Tile Modern"

Rebecca Lonergan

Co-Founder and Creative Director of modwalls.com, a designer of modern tile with an online showroom at www.modwalls.com. Modwalls are colorful tile designs with a uniquely modern sensibility in a wide range of materials.

Twitter Updates

Join 4,590 other followers

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,590 other followers